The Final Fantasy XIV Echoes of a Fallen Star update is coming to the massively multiplayer online RPG in February and there’s a new trailer for you to salivate over.
Due to hit Square Enix’s hugely popular online title on 18 February, patch 5.2 is full of new content, new quests, and weapons to help you see off the challenges to come. This new content follows the 5.1 Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty update that included the Scions’ continued adventures on the First. During a recent live stream, Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida revealed some of the new content that fans can expect from the latest content drop, which we’ve detailed below incase you missed it back during the stream.
● New Main Scenario Quests – The much-lauded narrative of Shadowbringers continues, as the Warrior of Darkness and the Scions of the Seventh Dawn await such time as the Crystal Exarch might return them home.
● New Raid: Eden’s Verse – The second chapter in the Eden raid series will feature challenging new battles in both normal and savage difficulties, and also introduce the character of Gaia, created by famed FINAL FANTASY developer Tetsuya Nomura.
● New Dungeon: Anamnesis Anyder – Tackle this new challenge alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters using the Trust system.
● New Trial: Cinder Drift – Players can challenge the Ruby Weapon in both normal and extreme difficulties.
● New Beast Tribe Quests – The Qitari will provide new quests geared towards Disciples of the Land classes.
● New Chronicles of a New Era Quest “The Sorrow of Werlyt” – Discover the lore behind the brand new Weapon series.
● Ocean Fishing – This Fisher-exclusive content will allow players to board a ship at specified times to enjoy fishing on the high seas, receiving experience and scrips based on the fish caught. Meeting certain conditions while aboard will grant all passengers the chance of a big haul!
● Ishgardian Restoration Update (Patch 5.21) – The next update in this content for Disciples of the Hand and Land will feature gatherer-specific content in the Diadem, high-level crafting challenges, a new ranking system, and more.
● New “Resistance Weapon” Equipment Enhancement Quest Series (Patch 5.25) – This new quest series will feature regular updates from Patch 5.2 onward, allowing players to obtain powerful equipment as they learn more about the Hrothgar homeland, the Bozja Citadel. For years, Bozja─homeland of the Hrothgar─has remained at the mercy of Garlean rulers. But the Empire has fallen into disarray, and the people of Doma and Ala Mhigo have risen up to challenge their authority. The Bozjans, while heartened at this news, yet lack the means to join the rebellion. To that end, they seek a standard under which their people may gather. A weapon of legend…
● Job Adjustments, Adjustments to PvP Actions, New Game+ Updates, Numerous Crafter and Gatherer Updates, and More
In addition to the new patch notes, players will be able to get together and go over the best way to tackle these challenges at the next Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest. While we will have more detail on that soon, you can be sure that there’s plenty to do in the meantime. Look out for the new update or check out the trailer above and get ready to jump into the new content. If you’re new to FFXIV then you can check out a free trial over on the official website now.