Square Enix has announced the release of the 5.5 Final Fantasy XIV patch. The update is titled Death Unto Dawn and is the bridge between the current FFXIV expansion, Shadowbringers, and the next expansion called Endwalker. Most notably, Death Unto Dawn brings an expansion-ending storyline into the game alongside tons of other new content.
We are proud to present the patch notes for Death Unto Dawn, where the stage is set for a cataclysmic battle that will lead into the story of Endwalker.
This patch also introduces the third installment of YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse─the Tower at Paradigm’s Breach─courtesy of guest creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO, a new event to celebrate the Firmament’s completion, and much more!
Here is a brief summary of new content for players:
- New main scenario quests added including Unto the Breach, Here be Dragons, Righteous Indignation, and several others that are as-yet-unnamed.
- Chronicles of a New Era quests added including Konogg, Alone, Brave New World, and several other as-yet-unnamed quests.
- New side story quests
- Tweaks to the summoner job quest “To Be Second Best”
- New chapters added to New Game+
- Treasure Hunt
- Grand and Free Companies updates
- Housing tweaks and items added
- Manderville Gold Saucer changes
- Battle System updates
- Paglth’an dungeon added
- The Cloud Deck trial added
- Other tweaks, updates, and bug fixes
Check out the Final Fantasy XIV official site to read the patch note specifics.