Final Fantasy XIV Sahdowbringers Death Unto Dawn,Patch 5.5, is se to land in April 2021 with a ton of new content for fans of the MMORPG.
Dropping on 13 April, Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers Death Unto Dawn is the latest path to hit Square Enix’s massively successful MMORPG. After patch 5.45 brought players beneath the ruins of the Bozja Citadel, the newest instalment in this adventure is due to bring massive changes to players. The announcement heralding the upcoming update came just yesterday and dropped alongside a new trailer, as well as the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE broadcast.
Players preparing for Death Unto Dawn will be able to start the first part of the 5.5 patch on launch day, with the remainder coming further down the line. Among the wall of text below, you’ll notice that this includes the highly-anticipated third chapter of YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse raid. This Neir inspired PvE challenge features the work of guest creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO and looks likely to be another massive hit with fans of both the NieR series and the FFXIV community. As for the rest of the patch, check out some of the content that’s coming:
- New Main Scenario Quests – Prospects of peace may soon fall to ruin, as Fandaniel and the Telophoroi scheme to recreate the Final Days, and ominous towers rise in all corners of the realm. With the servants of chaos amassing at every turn, will the Scions uncover their plot before it is too late?
- New Alliance Raid: The Tower at Paradigm’s Breach – The third chapter of the NieR-inspired YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid series.
“Sorrow of Werlyt” Questline Finale – With adamantine armor and a beating, blood red core, the Diamond Weapon is the culmination of countless sacrifices and untold suffering. When the ultimate triumph of the VIIth Legion’s monstrous Weapon project descends upon Werlyt, who will be saved, and who shall fall?
- New Trial: The Cloud Deck – Players can face off against the fearsome Diamond Weapon in this latest trial, which will be available in both Normal and Extreme difficulties.
- New Dungeon: Paglth’an – Players can tackle this new story dungeon alongside fellow adventurers or a party of non-player characters via Trust System compatibility.
“Save the Queen” Questline Update – This latest update includes a new field area, “Zadnor,” an increased resistance rank cap, final enhancement of resistance weapons and more.
- New Unreal Trial – The next powered-up primal, Leviathan, has returned from A Realm Reborn to terrorize level 80 heroes, providing them with a hefty challenge and chances at unique rewards.
- Crafter Updates – High-level crafters can look forward to new content in Patch 5.5 that will earn them special achievements and unique crafting tools.
- shgard Restoration Update – As a new age dawns in Ishgard, luminaries from across Eorzea have been invited to the Firmament to take part in a ceremony commemorating this momentous occasion. Players can obtain rewards by participating in gatherer- and crafter-focused events which will occur during these periodic celebrations.
- “Explorer Mode” Update – The Explorer Mode feature will be expanded to include level 70 dungeons. Explorer Mode allows players to explore dungeons free from danger to capture striking and fun screenshots while enabling the use of mounts and minions. Players will also now be able to use performance actions while in dungeons, such as playing musical instruments.
- Performance Action Updates – A new instrument will be added with Patch 5.55.
PlayStation 5 Updates
To top off the glut of new features and fun, anybody lucky enough to own PlayStation 5 can look forward to a new version of FFXIV, especially for this next-gen platform. Owners of this mythical beast can experience the full upgraded glory of the Playstation 5 port of FFXIV during a beta period. You’ll be able to port over an existing licence or jump into a free trial as soon as Patch 5.5 launches to experience some serious framerate improvements, faster load times, 4K resolution support, DualSense haptic feedback, new trophies, and 3D audio support. If you’re sold on the upgrade, then the full PlayStation 5 version will be available for purchase following the conclusion of the open beta.
For a glimpse of what’s coming in Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers Death Unto Dawn, check out the Patch 5.5 trailer above or head over to the official website for more details now.