During the FFXIV Fan Festival, Square Enix shared more details about the upcoming expansion for the MMORPG. Called Endwalker, it invites players to Thavnair, the imperial capital of Garlemald, and even the moon!
“Yet shadowed by their triumph in the First, the Warrior of Light and Scions of the Seventh Dawn are home at last. An even greater calamity than refulgent oblivion has been building in their absence, however─a second advent of the Final Days. Should all despair, the myriad conflicts that now ravage the land cannot but foretoken an end to life in the Source.”
FFXIV: Endwalker will be launching on November 23, 2021, and can be pre-ordered now.
Here are some of the new features coming with Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker:
- Level cap increase from 80 to 90
- Expansive new areas, including Garlemald, Thavnair, and the city of Radz-at-Han
- A new tribe: the Arkasodara
- New threats, including Anima
- New dungeons
- A new high-difficulty raid: Pandæmonium
- Secrets revealed in a new alliance raid series
- New small-scale PvP mode
- An additional Trust ally: Estinien Wyrmblood
- A new residential district: Ishgard
- Updates to the Gold Saucer
- Relaxing fun in Island Sanctuary
- New gear and crafting recipes
- Expanded horizons via the Data Center Travel System
Players can also look forward to the two new jobs: the Sage and the Reaper.
If you have always wanted to be a male Viera, your wish is coming true with Endwalker!
Square Enix published the recording of the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest on the game’s official Youtube channel. Check it out to find out more about what’s coming with Endwalker, in particular, new towns Old Sharlayan and Radz-at-Han, new areas Labyrinthos, Mare Lamentorum and Thavnair, new mount Arion, and more.
The Youtube channel also holds separate videos for all of the above.
Square Enix also announced that the PS5 version of MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV will launch on Tuesday, May 25th.
The next-gen version of the game features faster loading times, 4K resolution support, high-resolution UI, DualSense haptic feedback support, new trophies, 3D audio support, and more.
Speaking of which…
— FINAL FANTASY XIV (@FF_XIV_EN) May 16, 2021