Microsoft Store listing for the upcoming Windows edition of Final Fantasy XV includes cross-platform co-op with Xbox One players. The Steam version of the game sadly would not have the same functionality.
In preparation for the release, Square Enix has opened the pre-orders via different online services and released the benchmark app to score how well your PC will handle the game. You can find more information about it here.
Steam lists the following features of Final Fantasy XV:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players can also take on a battle with the Rulers of Yore
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fish and recipes
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” – players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins, and item sets
- All current season pass content including Episode Gladiolus, Episode Prompto, Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades and Episode Ignis Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the Final Fantasy XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations. Through them, players will be able to obtain more information about the world
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D