Final Fantasy XIV game Director Naoki Yoshida participated in a recent Letter from the Producer LIVE stream. During the event, he made several pretty nifty announcements for this week. First, the game has scored over 18M registered users since the second version of the MMO released in 2013. In addition, the first details about the next major update to the game, Patch 5.2: Echoes of a Fallen Star, have been revealed. Lastly, YoshiP confirmed the dates for the FFXIV Fan Festivals for 2020 and 2021.
As with all FFXIV updates, Echoes of a Fallen Star will feature some big new additions to the game including:
- new Main Scenario quests that will extend the story for Shadowbringers
- a new Equipment Enhancement Quest Series will debut that will let players obtain powerful equipment as they learn about the Bozja Citadel
- players will set off on a Chronicles of a New Era quest to learn more about the Weapon series
- the addition of the Eden’s Verse raid
- Ishgardian Restoration Update
- new Beast Tribe quests
- the Anamnesis Anyder dungeon
- “ob adjustments, adjustments to PvP actions, game+ updates, crafting/gathering updates and more
Fans can also pre-order the FFXIV: Shadowbringers art book that is currently scheduled for release in May 2020.
2020 Fan Festivals
While specific dates weren’t announced for the 2020-2021 FFXIV Fan Festivals, we do know that they will take place in North America, Europe, and Japan. More details will be announced later.
Returning player event
From now through January 14th, returning players without an active subscription can log in and play for five consecutive days for free (up to 120 game hours). Details can be found on the Final Fantasy XIV official site.
Players can take part in the annual holiday event called the Starlight Celebration. The event is running from now through December 31st.