FlatOut is back! We’re not really sure where it went, and this time… it’s got a 4 in its title. All jokes aside, we had some fond memories of the FlatOut games. They had a unique brand of demolition derby mayhem. It’s pretty neat to see it coming back after a very mediocre (even bad) 3rd offering a few years back. FlatOut 2 from 2006 was a seminal game in a time when destruction based car games were all the rage. Perhaps FlatOut 4 can make a comeback since there’s been a dearth of new titles?
FlatOut 4 will launch this April on PC, PS4, and XBox One.
We’re hoping. Here’s an announcement trailer, and some of the game’s features below. If you’re keen to pre-order, you can do so at Amazon, Best Buy, and GameStop.
The details on FlatOut 4:
- Customizable Cars: Gamers unlock 27 cars to customize and race, including tributes to fan favorites and new additions to the garage;
- Dynamic Tracks: FlatOut 4: Total Insanity features 20 tracks including traditional derby racing, time trials, arenas, assault levels, carnage levels and much more;
- Destructible Environments: Chaos and destruction return to the world of racing with high speed collisions and wild destructible environments;
- The Legendary Stunt Mode: Six new stunts and six re-imagined classic stunt mini-games await fans in search of epic crashes and death-defying maneuvers;
- Arena Mode: Three gameplay styles including Death Match, Capture the Flag and Survivor;
- New Assault Mode: An arsenal of deadly weapons at your disposal to slow or destroy opponents;
- Multiplayer Mayhem: Competitive local and online modes allow up to eight players to master destruction arenas, race courses and set traps.
- Thumping Indie Soundtrack: FlatOut features a global range of amazing indie music tracks.