Command & Conquer veterans Petroglyph and Team17 announced that their innovative and dynamic RTS Forged Battalion will be available on Steam Early Access on January 16.
Chuck Kroegel, CEO of Petroglyph, said:
“The early access release of Forged Battalion is a vital part of developing the game. We want fans to truly help forge what the game becomes so it’s important to get them into the game as soon as possible and start giving us their feedback. We can’t wait to see the unique factions that the community will create. We’ll see you on the battlefield!”
In the game, players will be able to customize their own faction and fight in a variety of battles, including skirmishes, solo fights, co-op missions and online multiplayer combats. Forged Battalion allows to create, customize and develop blueprints, produce the ever-evolving factories and units. use resources to unlock new tech options and much more.
From the press release:
Early Access Launch Content available on January 16 th will be as follows:
- Campaign missions comprising the first act of a multi-act storyline
- Skirmish maps supporting up to eight players
- Multiple Skirmish game modes including HQ Destruction and Annihilation
- Dedicated servers to support multiplayer
- Five customisable archetypes of vehicles (infantry, light vehicle, heavy vehicle, air, and turrets)
- Resource management of tech tree points earned in tactical battles
You can find out more on the project’s Steam page.