Square Enix is pleased to announce that 2D Cinematic Adventure Forgotton Anne will be making its debut on the Nintendo Switch hybrid console on November 9.
Forgotton Anne was released earlier this year for PC, PS4 and XB1. The game is a seamless 2D animated adventure. The game focuses on a hidden dimension holding the mislaid items from our world – lost letters, missing toys and more. It’s the job of the Forgotlings – creatures formed out of all of these missing items – to help the trapped Anne and Master Bonku find their way home.
“A Nintendo Switch version was always something we had planned to bring to life, and it’s amazing that we can do this earlier than we expected,” says Alfred Nguyen, Creative Director and Co-founder of ThroughLine Games. “We think playing Forgotton Anne in handheld mode feels fantastic and should serve as a perfect match for the Nintendo Switch console’s fast expanding audience.”
About Forgotton Anne:
Imagine a place where everything that is lost and forgotten goes; old toys, letters, single socks. The Forgotten Lands is a magical world inhabited by Forgotlings; creatures composed of mislaid objects longing to be remembered again.
Forgotton Anne is a seamless cinematic adventure with a focus on meaningful storytelling and light puzzle platforming. You are Anne, the enforcer who keeps order in the Forgotten Lands, as she sets out to squash a rebellion that might prevent her master, Bonku, and herself from returning to the human world…
- Discover a beautifully realised world of wonder filled with Forgotlings – charming everyday objects brought to life, bursting with personality.
- Uncover the truth behind the harrowing conflict taking place between an impassioned ruler and ruthless rebellion.
- Harness the power of Anima, the energy that brings life to the Forgotten Lands. Use it to solve puzzles and command ultimate control over Forgotlings’ lives.
- Choose carefully. Your words and actions can alter the tale being told thanks to a branching dialogue system that places the power in your hands.
- Run, leap, and soar as you strive to guide Anne home, unlocking areas and abilities along the way.
- Enjoy hand-animated visuals created using the same traditional techniques that brought your favourite animated movies to life.
- Immerse yourself in a soaring orchestral score performed by the Copenhagen Philharmonic Orchestra.