The developers from Anshar Studios have released a new dev diary video to introduce players to character creation in 22nd-century cyberpunk detective Gamedec. The process of creating your avatar in this title is quite different from what you might be used to in other games. Your character’s traits and impact on the game’s course are based only on the decisions chosen by you.
Gamedec will not provide players with any numbers or stats – your persona will be basically the sum of your choices that allows the game to choose your character’s most relevant aspects and background.
“This sort of psychological test will set your skills using game aspects. Those will influence your investigation’s early steps but they are not set in stone. The Character Creation process will continue throughout the game. You will get aspects expressing different types of experiences. These include attributes, personality traits, skills and gained knowledge”.
Gamedec is coming to Nintendo Switch and PC via Steam & GOG in 2021. Check out the official site to find out more!
Gamedec is a single-player non-combat cyberpunk isometric RPG. You are a game detective, who solves crimes inside virtual worlds. Use your wits to gather info from your witnesses and suspects, get to the bottom of deceptive schemes, save lives, and investigate the extraordinary relationships between virtual worlds and their inhabitants. The game continually adapts to your choices and never judges – You are the sum of your choices.
Gamedec General Features:
- Interact with NPCs to gather intel and access different dialogue options depending on your choices, developed profession and acquired knowledge.
- Visit numerous virtual worlds – from the deceitful farm-like environment, through dark-noir cyberpunk realities to fantasy-based realms.
- Use your Codex and Deduction to unscramble facts and evidence to conclude the case. Find your own answer and respond accordingly to your own ethics, integrity or just a sense of poetic justice.
- Shape your Character through actions that grant positive or negative effects – Determine how to you want to be perceived by the other by selecting traits, which correspond to your gameplay style. Develop your own Gamedec through your decisions, choices, and actions.
- Meet various characters in both Realium and Virtualium that can be friendly, or hostile – depending on your decisions throughout the game.