In a move that the company has been teasing out for the past several days, Gamigo has announced ArcheAge Unchained. The new version of the MMO will be a one-time purchase as opposed to the currently existing F2P version. With AAU, players will be “able to enjoy the content as often as you want” without any optional purchases or subscriptions.
When asked why the change, Gamigo had this to say, “We are focusing on fairer gameplay which is why we decided to change a few montetization features for AAU. There’s be more information in the next couple of weeks so stay tuned!”
The team answered several questions within a small FAQ including:
- Why not just change the F2P version? Because of the age of the F2P version, it was not “feasible for the original with an already existing economy”.
- Will items/Credits be transferable? No.
- What is the price? TBA
- Is a Patron Subscription needed? No.
- Will Apex premium currency be part of it? No.
- Will there be new content? Yes, and both versions will be updated simultaneously when it is ready.
Read the full announcement on the ArcheAge Unchained official forum.