The developers from The Coalition have shared a new trailer and some details of Operation 5: Hollow Storm for Gears 5 that is already available for players.
Operation 5: Hollow Storm includes:
- 7 characters: Dizzy Wallin, Tai Kaliso, Anya Stroud and Skorge are now available individually or as part of the Operation 5 bundle in the Gears 5 Store. The Lambent Drone, Lambent Grenadier, and Lambent Theron Guard will make their way into Gears later this Operation.
- 5 maps: Nexus, Regency, River, Gridlock & Clock Tower
- Tile-based FFA map War Room
- New Tour of Duty rewards
Additionally, the developers introduced some PvE & PvP updates:
The team decoupled characters and classes, added new and skill cards rewards and unveiled a variety of Horde and Escape challenges. Read the recent PvE blog for all the details.
For the PvP players, the devs implemented the Community Service program to deal with quitters, updated the Ranked bonuses, and made some changes to our playlists. Here is a breakdown of all the news.
About Gears 5:
The world is crumbling. Humanity’s reliance on technology has become their downfall and enemies are uniting to wipe out all survivors. As Kait, you must journey across the biggest, most beautiful Gears world to uncover the origins of the Locust and fight with your squad to protect what’s left.
- Campaign: With all-out war descending, Kait Diaz breaks away to uncover her connection to the enemy and discovers the true danger to Sera – herself. New campaign features let you take your character and weapon skins into new playthroughs and enjoy bonus difficulties and modifiers.
- PvP: May the best team win! With new modes and content since Launch, Versus rewards every competitive style, from casual to pro.
- PvE: Co-operatively battle to survive. Pick your character, pick your class, and hunker down in Horde or push through in Escape.
- Three-player Campaign Co-op: Battle alongside your friends in three-player online or split-screen co-op.
- Accessibility: Customize your gaming experience with updated accessibility features, including full controller remapping, single stick movement, Adaptive Controller support, narrated UI and menus, improved subtitles and more.