505 Games and Infinity Plus 2 have released free-to-play puzzle-RPG Gems of War for Nintendo Switch hybrid console. Gems of War is a unique genre mashup fusing puzzle gaming with RPG and strategy elements, offering an unparalleled battle system in which players match gems on a puzzle board to power spells and match skulls to smite their enemies.
“We’re thrilled to introduce our first free-to-play title on the Nintendo Switch,” said Clive Robert, 505 Games Head of Publishing for Free-to-Play, “Gems of War is perfect for the platform, providing gamers the flexibility to play their way and offers multidimensional gameplay with already hundreds of hours of incredible content to enjoy, with much more to come in future updates. With this first step, we open the opportunity to bring many more free-to-play experiences from our portfolio to the Nintendo Switch, and we can’t wait to share more of what’s to come.”
The events of the game will take place in the realms of Krystara and the Underworld. Players will be able to explore, embark on quests, conquer kingdoms and build alliances.
Feature highlights of Gems of War for the Nintendo Switch include:
- Play it Your Way: Seamlessly transition between docked play with Joy-Con™ controllers or handheld mode utilizing the Nintendo Switch touch screen for gamers on-the-go
- Build Your Team of Heroes: Enjoy a wealth of free content, with 600+ troops to collect, 600+ Quests and storylines to discover and 250+ Weapons and spells to add to your collection
- Take on Endless Challenges: Choose from a wide variety of immersive game modes including PvP, minigames, Guild Wars, Live Events and multiple Quests per Kingdom
- Play With Friends: Team up with others in guilds and join forces in Guild Wars
- Conquer New Realms: Explore the Krystara and Underworld maps with over 30+ Kingdoms and Factions
“Gems of War has been a perfect extension to the hybrid puzzle RPG gameplay that is signature to the Puzzle Quest franchise, and I know fans (old and new) are going to love playing it on the Switch.” Steve Fawkner, CEO and Creative Lead at Infinity Plus 2. “We are proud to be working on such an incredible game, with ever growing content for the player base.”
Gems of War can be downloaded for free from Nintendo eShop. The game is also free on PS4, PC via Steam, Xbox One, Android and iOS. Check out the official site to learn more!