The Dairymen and Nerial have announced that their adaptation of George Orwell’s Animal Farm will be coming to PC and mobile devices on December 10th. The game is being developed with the approval of the Orwell Estate and comes during the celebrated book’s 75th anniversary. The developers may seem familiar as they are the team behind the BAFTA-nominated Reigns series of games.
The game features narrative, choice-based adventure gameplay where players sit at the “center of an allegorical revolution”. Players will choose which animal they will follow and which they will sideline and ignore. These choices are said to influence critical events and the ultimate fate of the farm. Players will need to balance resources, defend the farm, and keep the animals happy.
From the press announcement:
Pick Your Own Adventure
- Cultivate, subvert, or sacrifice the different animals who live on Manor Farm and see their different political strategies play out.
- Guide Manor Farm through seven years of Animalism. Can the player avoid its manipulation and the descent into decadence?
- Manage the affairs and feelings of Manor Farm’s animals as the fortunes of the farm evolve.
- Fill your handbook with information about each animal and log events.
Strategically manage the resources and defense of Manor Farm
- Rally against the two-legged enemy: human beings.
- Prepare for battle by building the Farm’s defenses and increasing resources production, including building the Windmill.
- Idyllic springs, sweet summers, golden autumns, and bitter winters must all be navigated in each passing year as Animalism marches on.
Multiple Endings and unlockable achievements
- Choose your political machinations: Surveillance, Reeducation, or Bloodbaths.
- Reach up to 6 destinies and find 8 different endings.
- Complete all 48 achievements in the Farm’s handbook.
- Bring in new creatures to the Republic of Animals, and open up new possibilities for the direction of the Farm.
Check out the Animal Farm official site to learn more.