JanduSoft and Grimorio of Games have released a brand new developer diary to provide some new information about the upcoming “monster summoning action roguelike” Sword of the Necromancer. Developers offer viewers over four minutes of insight about the game’s features and mechanics. The game is expected to launch later in 2020 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
SotN offers players a unique twist on top-down action roguelike gameplay by allowing players to resurrect any creature they have killed. These zombie-fied minions will fight alongside players as they advance through the dungeon to secure a “smorgasbord of weapons and gear”.
The game features procedurally-generated dungeon action where players will be required to make tactical decisions. In addition, the gameplay is challenged by the knowledge that, upon dying, all gear is lost and players lose half of a level of experience.
- Turn your foes into allies: use the Sword to revive defeated monsters and make them fight alongside you.
- Gather weapons and relics: each weapon is different from the others thanks to the procedural weapon generation system, which gives them various effects and attributes.
- Fight with all your might: defeat your enemies using a variety of weapons and objects and dominating the fluid head-to-head battle system.
- Level up: enhance your character by fighting enemies and upgrade your stats. Improve your summoned monsters by fighting alongside them.
- Death is not the end: Each try gets you closer to the Necromancer. You will lose all your equipped weapons and monsters, but you will retain half the level you achieved in your run. Also, you can choose to exit the dungeon at some moments, losing all your level progress but maintaining all your equipment.
- Learn the truth: Discover Tama and Koko’s past as you advance through the dungeon.
- Local co-op play: Use the Flask of Homunculus to create a copy of the playable character and play with a friend in local co-op game.
Check out the video developer diary and then head to the Sword of the Necromancer Steam page to learn more.