Fans of retro 2D ARPG fun will be happy about Gitch Factory’s announcement of No Place for Bravery. The top-down action game is slated to come to PC via Steam and Nintendo Switch later in 2021. The announcement was made via a brand new trailer that offers viewers a sneak peek at the unique art and gameplay that are signature features of the game.
Stated features include:
- brutal Sekiro-esque 2D combat with a focus on parries and fast-paced combat. Players need to be willing to make and pay for their mistakes
- not about heroes but about a retired warrior with a shot at redemption as he looks for clues to his daughter’s disappearance years ago
- based on real-life stories with a “strong message on the role of parental figures and the consequences of their choices in a troubled world”
- wretchedness awaits characters who have the ability to survive but can also be fragile through their own likely defeats
- always visual – “A captivating blend of the low fantasy setting, highly detailed pixel art, and beautiful hand-painted textures make this decrepit world croak with breathtaking life, as Thorn carves his path through it. Every second that passes in No Place for Bravery pulses with an immersive, intense atmosphere that you’ll feel in your veins.”
Check out the No Place for Bravery official site to learn more about the game.