Golem Gates, the card-based RTS that blends games like Clash Royale and StarCraft into one dark fantasy setting with loads of competitive options and several different maps, launches its story-based campaign today. The first five missions are available to players today, with more chapters and missions to come as development goes on. Golem Gates recently launched on Steam, and has been getting positive reviews. If you’re in for a new take on the RTS, this may be up your alley.
From the release:
It all begins with a mysterious voice, reaching from the unknown — calling from the darkness to summon you, The Harbinger. An outcast in this forsaken world, The Harbinger is given purpose: find the monolithic Golem Gates which aid the enemy, and destroy them to be redeemed. Book I of Golem Gate’s single-player story campaign teaches the player to wield the power of The Harbinger to manipulate and command nanites from The Ash — an ancient power that resides in the world’s atmosphere. Follow the unseen force that compels you to take up arms in five story missions that put you on the course to unraveling the mysteries surrounding the golem’s long-lost creators. But beware, there are others with power over The Ash.
“We’re thrilled to introduce players to The Harbinger, the protagonist of the game, and the Golem Gates themselves, the ominous giant structures that protect the enemy,” said Josh Nizzi, Head of Hollow Earth Inc. “We can’t wait for players to dive deeper into the dark and dangerous world of Golem Gates — stay tuned for even more twists and revelations ahead!”
More about Golem Gates:
In Golem Gates, players collect cards (called Glyphs) and strategically weave them into a deck to prepare for battle. Battles are fast-paced and highly tactical with streamlined resource management to keep the focus on the unrelenting action. Through Steam Early Access players can take their glyph decks online in various competitive and cooperative multiplayer modes, and experience the beginnings of Golem Gate’s epic story ahead of launch. In addition to new story content, today’s update also adds a new Trials Mode for a series of diverse challenges. Golem Gates delivers both intense combat and strategy, blending multiple genres for a truly unique experience.
- Dynamic Diversity: Create your own unique battle plan to counter your opponents with nearly 100 collectible card game inspired Glyphs, including units, buildings, traps, buffs, debuffs and techs, that provide nearly limitless strategy options
- Multiple Modes: Experience the evolving story of Golem Gates’ single-player campaign and take the fight online with friends in cooperative and survival-based modes.
- May the RNG Gods Smile Upon You: Randomized Glyph drawing puts a slightly different spin on every battle by eliminating monotonous build sequences, while rewarding deck building mastery and strategic planning chops in equal measure.
- Streamlined Strategy: Build and enhance your forces with Glyphs; no production or research buildings are needed. Capture resources in King of the Hill style skirmishes without dedicated gathering units and keep your focus where it belongs — on the battle.
- Fight Where You Have Sight: Glyphs can be played almost anywhere you have an existing presence. Add more forces to a battle to turn the tide, transform a scouting party into an army, place emergency defenses to respond to the enemy or hide an outpost in a direction the enemy doesn’t expect. The choices are yours but beware: the enemy will do the same and with the right Glyph, your forces can be destroyed as quickly as they were created.