CD Projekt RED continues to expand the universe of the Witcher through their creations. If you miss Geralt of Rivia and did not have entirely enough Gwent in your playthrough, the developers have you!
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game is a free-to-play strategy card game that is now out on PC. The launch of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game will follow December 4th.
Join in The Witcher universe’s favorite card game! In GWENT, you clash with your friends in fast-paced duels that combine bluffing, on-the-fly decision making and careful deck construction.
Play your cards right and manage a two-row battle formation as you unleash your hand over a best-of-three series of rounds. With heroes, spells and special abilities that dramatically turn the tide of battle, deception and clever tricks will be necessary parts of your arsenal.
- Pick your side – command five different factions: the mighty Nilfgaardian Empire, proud Skellige, brutal Monsters, cunning Northern Realms, or shadowy Scoia’tael.
- Build your deck – collect new cards and create armies full of versatile units and unique heroes.
- Craft new cards – break down unwanted cards and craft new ones to build an ever-evolving deck.
- Force their hand – with limited cards per game, lure your opponent into draining their resources!
- Lose the battle, win the war – win the entire game by learning how to cleverly lose a round.
- Hold the line – play your cards across two rows and build a formation to counter your opponent’s strategy.
- Shape the meta-game — the party just started and everyone can become a pro. Test yourself and become the next leaderboard legend.
- Friendly Matches – test your deck, try out new strategies, or just show off your collection of rare, animated cards.
- Ranked Matches – rise through player-driven divisions.
- Arena Mode –draft a deck from GWENT’s entire collection of cards and conquer Master Mirror’s arena!
If you wish for more RPG-like experience in the Witcher universe, check out Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales!