Rockstar is going all out to bring thrills and chills to its players and Red Dead Online is no exception. Players will be able to take part in the brand new Dead of Night game mode and purchase the Halloween Pass to gain access to 20 ranks of Rewards that feature some sweet themed goodies.
In Dead of Night, four teams take one another on in a “gruesome fight for survival” but it’s not just other players that pose a danger. Roaming throughout the match are The Dead. The goal is to score points taking out The Dead and the opponents. Those who’ve managed to discover and steal a Night Stalker mask will gain supernatural abilities that can give a competitive edge. Those who play Dead of Night during the next week will earn 3x the usual payout and take home a care package with 3 Tomahawks, 10 Volatile Fire bottles, and 25 Incendiary Buckshot Slugs.
The Halloween Pass can be purchased by RDO players for real-world cash. It offers 20 ranks that players can work their way through between now and November 16th. It includes:
- The skeletal Zavala Machete
- The petrifying Flayed Bison and colorful Painted Ram Horse Masks
- Three Halloween-themed emotes: Frighten, Scared and The Ripper
- Spooky Photo Studio Backgrounds like the Cemetery and Abandoned Mansion Backgrounds
- Post-Apocalyptic and Predator filters for the Advanced Camera
- A Gothic Décor Theme for your Moonshine Bar
- The Gallows Blindfold
- New Camp flags and more
- Even more rewards are available for all players – such as the Phantom Buck Horse Mask and the Noir Advanced Camera filter – via free and automatic membership to the Wheeler, Rawson & Co. Club.
Naturalists can take the spooky on the road while they hunt down Nightwalker Panther and the Ghost Panther. Taking pelts to Gus will net players a serious stack of money and will unlock the “corresponding Garment Sets for purchase”.
There are a number of big discounts and some sweet loot available for Prime members.
Be sure to check out the Red Dead Online official site to learn more.