The Halo team is on a roll these days with more games coming to Halo: The Master Chief Collection and with Halo Infinite news coming along as well. So let’s get started!
Halo 3: ODST PC & Xbox One Beta Test
The Halo 3: ODST PC and Xbox One beta test is coming “soon”, though no more specific date than “the first half of August” is available. There are several things players will need to do in order to be included in the first “flight”, or beta test when it finally arrives.
- Players must be part of the Halo Insider program. It is free to sign up and that can be done here.
- To be considered for “flight” testing, players will need to opt-in.
- Players should check to make sure their PC specs are updated to reflect their current system.
- Players will be invited in waves with the beta test starting with a small number of players and that number increasing over time.
During the test, players will be able to try out a vertical slice of what they can expect when ODST finally launches.
- New features: Customization, Firefight Matchmaking & Custom Games, Theater mode
- 6 campaign missions
- 4 campaign playlists
- 7 Firefight Multiplayer maps
- 2 Firefight Multiplayer playlists
- a variety of updated settings options for PC
Check out the full developer blog post on the Halo 3: ODST official site.
Halo Infinite Multiplayer
343 Industries has finally revealed that Infinite’s multiplayer mode will be free to play for everyone similar to Call of Duty’s Warfare mode.
— Halo (@Halo) July 31, 2020
Once this rather cryptic message was posted, rumors began to fly. While fairly credible, it’s always wise to take things with a grain of salt until developers officially announce a game feature. That said, according to intrepid Redditors, the Japanese Xbox page for the game mentions a Battle Royale mode alongside more traditional multiplayer experiences.
While the world waits for confirmation of the rumor, more can be learned about Halo Infinite by visiting its official site.