Today’s a big day for those who love collecting games like Pokemon Go. TemTem is slated for Early Access release beginning today, though only on PC for at least the next several months. Developers will be releasing the game for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch at some point in the future but it may slip to 2021.
The game sets players off on a journey to become an expert tamer. During this first early access launch period, players will be able to explore six islands. They can capture creatures, battle other tamers, or trade with friends. Of course, there are also “boss” dojo leaders for those looking for a challenge.
- Story Campaign: Journey across six vivid islands and embark on the adventure of becoming a Temtem tamer while fighting against the evil Clan Belsoto.
- Online World: The days of traveling solo are over; in Temtem the world is a massively multiplayer one. Tamers from around the world can join and you will be able to see them around you, living the adventure with you and fighting to become the best Temtem tamer.
- Co-Op Adventure: You will be able to join forces with a friend any time and work together towards your next goal. Catch new Temtem, complete a Route, or face off against a Temtem Leader; all while fighting alongside your friend in dual battles!
- Housing: Buy your own house at Atoll Row and decorate it your way. Buy new furniture, color your walls and you’ll be ready to invite your friends over!
- Customize: Customize your character to stand out from the crowd and get new cosmetics while you battle other tamers. Pick a silly hat, a comfy sweatshirt, some pants and you’re ready to go! Or maybe you prefer to wear a full-on cosplay of your favorite Temtem?
- Competitive: Start by choosing 8 Temtem and the pick and ban phase will begin. Take turns with your rival to pick your Temtem and ban theirs. When all the decisions are made and the turns are ended, you will end up with a squad of 5 Temtem and the battle will begin.
- Always Growing: New content is constantly being added to Temtem, new events, new missions, new cosmetics, new Temtem, and new ways to play!
Be sure to check out our recent alpha preview of the game to see why Ralph Whitmore said, “TemTem is a really beautiful game and it was fun to experience it Co-Op. I wasn’t too sure how the co-op would work in this type of game. When I partnered up with a friend I joined their campaign without losing any of my own quest progress. I was able to help them fight TemTem to capture them. The one negative I did see about the co-op is the TemTem’s experience gain.”
PC players ready to get started on Steam can do so at the following times in the US:
- 10:00 am Pacific
- 11:00 am Mountain
- 12:00 pm Central
- 1:00 pm Eastern
Developers have been very active in the trailers department in recent weeks. Players looking for a bit of direction in how to play the game will definitely want to check out all of the following.