Giiku Games has announced that its paranormal thriller Hermitage: Strange Case Files will be launching this summer across several platforms. The game will be available for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam. The game is making its way from China where it has been a major success and brings with it full English localization to all platforms.
The story-driven game puts players in a sinister bookstore that caters to an unusual and eccentric clientele. When a customer arrives looking for books to solve the mystery “behind some particularly lucid ritualistic dreams”, things take an odd turn. The protagonist — and the player — will begin to blur the lines between fantasy and reality as the shopkeeper (the player) and a motley crew of companions search to find the answer to a series of horrific incidents.
- A unique adventure with a multi-layered story and a visual novel style
- Interviews with characters where choosing the approach that matches their personality serves up important leads
- Clues discovered through TV news, online forums, phone messages, and emails
- Analyze characters and events using an interactive pinboard
- Investigate character backstories to discover secrets
- Match your intel with your suspicions to uncover the truth
- Take your adventure on a new path by unlocking various storylines with your choices
Check out the Hermitage: Strange Case Files official site to learn more.