The developers of Blizzard’s MOBA Heroes of the Storm have taken to the game’s Reddit group to reveal new content coming right around the corner. In particular, the team shared a sneak peek at a new feature called Loan Talents.
“The idea behind these was to give fairly substantial up-front power spikes that can either help carry you to victory or potentially lose potency over time – think of them as sort of ‘reverse-quests’. Play smart and they can be extremely powerful over the course of the game, but know that by choosing it, you also put a pretty substantial target over your head”
Here is an example of a loan talent for Johanna titled Divine Fortress:
- Basic Attacks against enemy Heroes grant 15 Physical Armor for 3 seconds, stacking up to 60.
- Loan: Johanna gains 20% maximum Health. Lose 5% of this bonus every time she dies.
Raynor will be getting a new version of Veteran Marksman:
- Quest: Each time the primary target of Give ‘Em Some Pepper is a Hero, permanently increase its damage bonus by .75%.
- Loan: Gain 60% bonus Give ‘Em Some Pepper damage. Every death reduces this bonus by 15%.
Illidan will be able to swing his glaives with the speed of light thanks to the new Creed of the Hunter:
- Quest: Every 50 Basic Attacks against Heroes permanently increases the damage bonus of Hatred by 1%, to a maximum of 5%.
- Loan: Gain 20% increased Attack Speed. Every death reduces this bonus by 5%.
Stitches is lumbering to the buffet for a Second Helping:
- Devour gains an additional charge with a 6 second cooldown between uses:
- Loan: If Stitches is at max Health after using Devour, he gains a Shield equal to 15% of his maximum Health for 10 seconds. Every death reduces this shield amount by 3%.
The update, however, will consist of more additions than just loan talents. Another change is coming to experience globes:
Experience Globes will no longer completely disappear after 6 seconds, but shrink. After shrinking they will remain on the Battleground for an additional 39 seconds and become worth 25% of their original value.