IO Interactive has laid out the first details about all of the game modes coming to Hitman III. Most are familiar to fans of the long-running series, however, some may be disappointed to learn that the competitive multiplayer PvP modes Assassin and Ghost Mode won’t be returning. In fact, servers for both game modes in Hitman 2 will be closing for good on August 31st.
The good outweighs the bad, however, in that popular play modes are making a return including:
- Campaign – the base game story that sends players “on a globetrotting adventure to sprawling sandbox locations”. It is said to bring a “dramatic conclusion” to the World of Assassination trilogy.
- Elusive Targets – These are limited-time modes that send players off to track down a unique target with “little-to-no help” from the HUD or Instinct. There are changes being made to this game mode, but developers aren’t quite ready to reveal the details yet.
- Escalations – Anything goes during this game mode and players need to be ready for anything. Tons of complications will be thrown into the mix to provide the maximum challenge for experienced assassins.
- Contracts Mode – Players choose their own targets and how to eliminate them and then make it happen.
- Sniper Assassin – This is a long-range assignment with players charged to eliminate targets and guards without raising an alarm. This is a single-player mode only and the co-op version that is currently out will be stopped ahead of the launch of HM3.
Look for the game in January 2021 for PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5.
Check out the full post on the Hitman III official site for more details.