The developers of MOBA Heroes of the Storm have revealed the latest Hero joining the Nexus: World of Warcraft’s Hogger is ready to bring his own brand of chaos!
Hogger is a big and burly mid-range bruiser who creates terrain and deals heavy area damage. When taking advantage of the Rage mechanic, which lowers the cooldown on his abilities as he gets deeper into the fray, Hogger becomes a rampaging monster. With the ability to dish out tons of area damage and by generating pathing blockers with his Trait, Loot Hoard, Hogger’s ability to start a fight, grab a kill, and escape intact is second to none.
- Loot Hoard
- Throw a pile of junk that deals 102 damage in a small area and acts as terrain for 5 seconds. Upon expiration, a scrap of Meat is dislodged from the Hoard that Hogger can collect to restore 3% of his maximum Health every second for 5 seconds.
- Cooldown: 20 seconds.
- Rage is gained by taking damage or dealing Basic Attack damage. Hogger’s Basic Ability cooldowns refresh 1% faster for every 2 points of Rage. After 3 seconds of not gaining Rage, it begins to quickly decay.
- Staggering Blow [Q]
- Swing your chain in a wide arc, dealing 140 damage to enemies hit and knocking them away. If an enemy collides with terrain, they are dealt an additional 150 damage, Stunned for .75 seconds, and grant Hogger 10 Rage.
- Cooldown: 12 seconds.
- Ez-Thro Dynamite [W]
- Toss a boot full of Dynamite with a 1.5 second fuse. Upon detonation, enemies take 180 damage and are Slowed by 30% for 2 seconds. The Dynamite instantly detonates when landing directly on an enemy Hero and grants Hogger 10 Rage.
- Cooldown: 8 seconds.
- Hogg Wild [E]
- After .25 seconds, become Unstoppable and uncontrollably spin towards the targeted direction, ricocheting off any terrain encountered. Every .25 seconds, deal 36 damage to nearby enemies, increased by 1% for each current point of Rage. Ricocheting off terrain refreshes the duration of the spin.
- Cooldown: 14 seconds.
- Hoardapult [R1]
- Launch an empowered Loot Hoard with Hogger attached, dealing 140 damage and Slowing enemies by 50% for 2 seconds. Hoardapult’s Loot Hoard lasts for up to 20 seconds, but decays rapidly while Hogger isn’t nearby. Every 10 seconds Hogger can take a chunk of Meat from the Loot Hoard.
- Cooldown: 50 seconds.
- Shockwave [R2]
- After .5 seconds, slam the ground, sending out a shockwave that travels in a long line. Enemies hit by the initial slam take 306 damage and are Stunned for 1.25 seconds. Enemies only hit by the shockwave take 210 damage and are Stunned for .75 seconds.
- Cooldown: 70 seconds.
- Hogger works well with: aggressive warriors, area damage, Anduin
- Hogger struggles against: knockback, sustained healing, Malthael
Check out the latest patch notes to find out what else is changing in HotS!