Publishers 3D Realms and 1C Entertainment as well as developer Voidpoint have shared a new teaser trailer for the upcoming expansion to first-person retro shooter Ion Fury. The devs have not shared any details about the upcoming adventure besides citing Duke Nukem 3D as their source of inspiration.
Ion Fury launched on PC in 2019 and has been ported to PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch earlier this year.
Ion Fury laughs at the idea of mandatory checkpoints and straight paths through shooting galleries. But, just because this is a true old-school first-person shooter doesn’t mean we’ve ignored all the good new stuff the last two decades have brought. Headshots? Hell yeah. More physics and interactivity? You betcha. 3DRealms, Voidpoint and 1C Entertainment have taken the best of both worlds and cooked it all into a bloody stew.
- The true successor to classic shooters such as Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, and Blood.
- Experience the original BUILD engine on steroids, pumped up and ready to rock again after 20 years!
- Duck, jump, climb, swim, and blast your way through 7 exciting zones packed with multiple levels of mayhem!
- A beautiful game world assembled from thousands of hand-crafted textures and sprites
- An awe-inspiring arsenal of devastating weapons, including multiple ammo types and alternate fire modes. Tri-barreled revolvers, grenade launchers, and heat-seeking smart bombs are your best friends!
- The classic ’90s FPS action you love, meshed with modern inventions like locational damage and seamless level transitions
- ZERO PROCEDURAL GENERATION. All levels are hand made and full of multiple paths, cool effects, and complex set pieces!
- Thumping soundtrack comprised of true tracked module music, in authentic FastTracker 2 format