Koch Media and Warhorse Studios have announced that the action RPG Kingdom Come Deliverance is coming to Nintendo Switch. The game has already sold over four million copies for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One and the Switch announcement should mean an even more diverse community in the future. In addition, Warhorse also announced that it has become part of Prime Matter, a newly created division of Koch Media.
The Switch version was born out of a “happy mistake”, according to developers. When the PlayStation 4 version was announced in Japan, a Switch version was also inadvertently added. While the misinformation was quickly corrected, Switch fans around the world latched onto the idea and kept after Warhorse Studio to make it happen. In the intervening months, developers did just that.
“It is amazing to see how much involvement and influence gamers worldwide can have on game development. The overwhelming feedback and fan reaction made us reconsider our opportunities and made us sit down with Sabre Interactive, who is the perfect candidate for this ambitious undertaking,” said Tobias Stolz-Zwilling, PR Manager at Warhorse Studios.
There is no release date for the game on Switch, but we’ll be sure to keep you posted. In the meantime, head to the Kingdom Come Deliverance official site to learn more about the game.
About Kingdom Come Deliverance
- Massive realistic open world: Majestic castles, vast fields, all rendered in stunning high-end graphics
- Non-linear story: Solve quests in multiple ways, then face the consequences of your decisions
- Challenging combat: Distance, stealth, or melee. Choose your weapons and execute dozens of unique combos in battles that are as thrilling as they are merciless
- Character development: Choose your equipment, improve your skills, and earn new perks
- Dynamic world: Your actions influence the reactions of the people around you. Fight, steal, seduce, threaten, persuade, or bribe. It’s all up to you
- Historical accuracy: Meet real historical characters and experience the genuine look and feel of medieval Bohemia