The developers from 1C Entertainment have published a Developer Q&A video about King’s Bounty II after a few quiet months. The game will be released simultaneously on PC, PS4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch with the Switch version featuring the exact same content and gameplay as the other versions.
The developers describe King’s Bounty II as “high fantasy with some realistic elements” instead of dark fantasy. Making the game more fairytale-like was considered but it won’t be a good fit for the main story.
The events of King’s Bounty II are set in the fantasy world of Antara, filled with multiple sentient races. Players will encounter humans, undead, dragons, dwarves, trolls and others. Each race has multiple factions, each with its own set of units and particular fighting style.
Besides the sentient races, players will run into all sorts of creatures: a wide variety of undead as well as griffins, magical constructs, chimeras and much more.
Below you can find a short recap of other answers from the video:
- You can’t equip your units with artifacts but you can use them yourself
- Artifacts equipped by the hero will affect their units, so by collecting a certain set of artifacts you can customize your army stats
- Each soldier in the squad is slightly different from the next: facial features, clothing variations, etc.
- Unit ranks affect their visuals
- Units can be kept in reserve. The reserve has no limits so you can buy every available unit and keep them until a fitting battle
- You can deploy no more than 5 squads on the battlefield. You may gain the ability to deploy a sixth unit depending on your approach to quests
- There are plenty of Easter Eggs from the previous games for players to find
- No plans for multiplayer at launch
About King’s Bounty II:
The King’s Bounty turn-based tactics series returns with King’s Bounty 2! King’s Bounty II expands upon tactical turn-based battles to offer players a truly immersive RPG experience that adds weight to their every decision, whether leading an army into battle against unliving horrors or building relations with local townsfolk. Experience a rich world that blends realism and fantasy, filled with compelling stories, memorable characters, and moral choices aplenty! King’s Bounty II is coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and Nintendo Switch.