Kingston Digital, Inc, an affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc. has announced the arrival of the A1000 PCIe NVMe SSD – the company’s first entry-level, consumer-grade M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD utilizing 3D NAND technology. The A1000 clocks in at twice the performance of a traditional SATA at near SATA pricing.
The A1000 comes in a single-sided M.2 2280 (22mm x 80mm) form factor that makes it ideal for notebooks and PC builds with limited space. With a Gen 3.0 x2 interface, 4-channel Phison 5008 controller, and 3D NAND Flash technology, the A100 delivers twice the performance of SATA SSDs, boasting read/write speeds(1) up to 1.5Gb/s and 1Gb/s giving the consumer ultra-low latency and incredible performance.
“Kingston is excited to release its newest SSD for the entry-level PCIe NVMe market. Designed with 3D NAND Flash memory, A1000 is more reliable and durable than a hard drive, and doubles the performance of a SATA SSD. Now we can give consumers the benefit of PCIe performance at about the same price as SATA,” said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. “Consumers can replace a hard drive or slower SSD with A1000 and have the storage needed for applications, videos, photos and more.”
Backed by a limited five-year warranty, free technical support and Kingston brand reliability, the A1000 has three flavors: 240GB, 480GB and 960GB(2).
Features and Specifications:
- 20x faster than a hard drive(1): With incredible read/write speeds the A1000 will not only increase performance but can also be used to breathe new life into older systems.
- M.2 2280 Form Factor: Multi-purpose SFF connector replaces small mSATA and mini-PCIe slots.
- Single-sided design: Integrates easily into designs with M.2 connectors: ideal for thin and light notebooks and systems with limited space.
- Multiple capacities: Available in a range of capacities up to 960GB(2) to meet your data storage requirements.
- Form Factor: M.2 2280
- Interface: PCIe NVMe Gen 3.0 x2 Lanes
- Capacities(2): 240GB, 480GB, 960GB
- Controller: Phison 5008
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Sequential Read/Write(1):
- 240GB: up to 1.5GB/800MB/s
- 480GB: up to 1.5GB/900MB/s
- 960GB: up to 1.5GB/1GB/s
- Random 4K Read/Write:
- 240GB: up to 100GB/80GB/s
- 480GB: up to 100GB/90GB/s
- 960GB: up to 120GB/100Gb/s
- Power Consumption: 0.011748W Idle / 0.075623W Avg / 0.458W (MAX) Read / 0.908W (MAX) Write
- Dimensions: 80mm x 22mm x 3.5mm
- Operating Temp: 0°C to 70°C
- Storage Temp: -40°C to 85°C
- 240GB: 6.4g
- 480GB: 7g
- 960GB: 7.6g
- Vibration operating: 2.17G Peak (7-800Hz)
- Vibration non-operating: 20G Peak (20-2000Hz)
- Life Expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF (110+ years)
- Warranty/Support(3): Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support
- Total Bytes Written (TBW)(4):
- 240GB: 150TB
- 480GB: 300TB
- 960GB: 600TB
For more information visit https://www.kingston.com/us.
(1) Based on “out-of-box performance” using a SATA Rev 3.0 / PCIe 3.0 motherboard. Speed may vary due to host hardware, software, and usage. IOMETER Random 4K Read/Write is based on 8GB partition.
(2) Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed on the products. For more information, go to Kingston’s Flash Guide at kingston.com/flashguide.
(3) Limited warranty based on 5 years or “SSD Life Remaining” which can be found using the Kingston SSD Manager (Kingston.com/SSDManager). A new, unused product will show a wear indicator value of one hundred(100), whereas a product that has reached its endurance limit of program erase cycles will show a wear indicator value of one (1). See Kingston.com/wa for details.