Owlcat is getting Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous players primed for the game’s release in a couple of weeks by sharing even more about the game world. In the latest video developer diary, Senior Level Designer Filipp Kovalev spends some time introducing viewers to the “spawn of the Abyss”.
The majority of demons, except the most lesser types, possess the teleportation ability (albeit between the places known to them), however, they can’t move between the planes. This ability makes the Worldwound so dangerous for Golarion — this interplanar rift allows demons to travel to Golarion and then spread like a plague. That’s why the creation of Wardstones — a protective barrier that prevents the demons from teleporting outside of the Worldwound region – was such an important event, which halted the demonic invasion.
Viewers will meet:
- Dretch or Sloth Demon: they appear from the souls of lazy and evil people
- Brimorak born from the souls of arsonists and pyromaniacs
- Babau born from the souls of sadists, maniacs, and serial killers
- Nabasu or Death Demons born from the souls of gluttons, cannibals, and those who consume carrion and drink blood
- Vrock or Wrath Demons born from the souls of malicious and wrathful mortals
- Marilith or Pride Demons born from the souls of mortals consumed by pride and arrogance
- Balor born from the cruelest souls
- Demon lords are demigods ruling over lesser demons
Check out the full details about each type of demon by visiting the Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Steam page.