Riot Games, developers of free-to-play MOBA League of Legends, have shared a gameplay spotlight for the latest champion to join the roster of the game. Welcome Zeri, the Spark of Zaun. When trouble rumbles, she’ll bring the lightning in a flash. If you are interested in the lore behind the new champion, check out her short story The Unexpected Spark published on the official site.
Zeri’s abilities include:
- Passive – Living Battery. Zeri gains Move Speed whenever she receives a shield. When she damages an enemy shield she absorbs its energy, shielding herself.
- Q – Burst Fire. Passive – Zeri’s basic attack deals magic damage, scales with AP, and is treated as an ability. Moving and casting Burst Fire stores up energy in Zeri’s Sparkpack. When fully charged, her next basic attack will slow and deal bonus damage. Active – Burst Fire shoots a burst of 7 rounds that deal physical damage to the first enemy hit.
- W – Ultrashock Laser. Zeri fires an electric pulse that slows and damages the first enemy hit. If the pulse hits a wall it fires a long range laser from the point of impact.
- E – Spark Surge. Zeri dashes a short distance and energizes her next 3 casts of Burst Fire, causing them to pierce through enemies. She will vault over or grind along any terrain she dashes into, depending on the angle. Hitting a champion with an attack or ability reduces Spark Surge’s cooldown.
- R – Lightning Crash. Zeri discharges a nova of electricity, damaging nearby enemies, and overcharges herself for a moderate duration. While overcharged, Zeri gains increased damage, Attack Speed, and Move Speed. Attacking enemy champions refreshes the overcharge duration and adds another stack of Move Speed. While overcharged, Burst Fire’s damage concentrates into a faster triple shot that chains lightning between enemies.
ABOUT LEAGUE OF LEGENDS:
League of Legends is a team-based strategy game where two teams of five powerful champions face off to destroy the other’s base. Choose from over 140 champions to make epic plays, secure kills, and take down towers as you battle your way to victory.
Check out the official site for more info or to start playing for free.