As a new site, we weren’t included in the review mailing for Breath of the Wild. It’s understandable – after all, we’re barely two weeks old. Our own review will be coming next week, but for now we’ll settle for living vicariously through the reviews of others. And frankly, it seems that Breath of the Wild might be the best Zelda game since Ocarina of Time. Considering that is my all-time favorite game, I find myself suddenly dying for my Switch and copy of Zelda to arrive from Amazon. Even more than before, I mean. This is our The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Review Round Up.
This is just a sample, but the game currently sits at 98/100 on MetaCritic, after 49 critic reviews. That’s no small feat, for sure.
Breath of the Wild Review Round Up (via MetaCritic)
- Giant Bomb 5/5 – “I didn’t think I’d feel the Zelda magic this strongly ever again, but I couldn’t be happier to be proven wrong.”
- Game Informer 10/10 – “It represents a profound new direction for one of gaming’s best franchises and a new high point for open-world interactive experiences.”
- Polygon 10/10 – “I guess, in the end, it’s not just that Breath of the Wild signals that Zelda has finally evolved and moved beyond the structure it’s leaned on for so long.”
- Gamesradar+ 5/5 – “It has taken 18 years, but Nintendo has done it again: this is the adventure game to beat.”
- GameSpot 10/10 – “Breath of the Wild is a defining moment for The Legend of Zelda series, and the most impressive game Nintendo has ever created.”
- ShackNews 9/10 – “The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is a game that is meant to be loved and savored for years to come, and I’m sure it will be looked back on with as much fanfare and admiration as The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Nintendo’s other hallmark titles.”