Beginning January 19th, the Hearthstone tavern will celebrate the Lunar New Year in style, featuring a new Tavern Brawl, themed quests, special rewards and more!
In the new Tavern Brawl called Lunar Blessings, you’ll start by choosing a class, and you’ll be given a random deck. Each class also has the choice between three different Blessings: buffs that will carry into your game and give you an advantage. You’ll have to choose wisely to find the right animal to best support your strategy.
- Blessing of the Dog: When you summon a minion give it Deathrattle: Summon a 1/1 Mastiff.
- Blessing of the Pig: Whenever you summon a minion add a coin to your hand.
- Blessing of the Rat: Minions that cost (3) or less gain Reborn
- Blessing of the Ox: Minions gain 3 Health
- Blessing of the Tiger: Minions gain 1 Attack
- Blessing of the Rabbit: Minions that cost (3) or less gain Rush
- Blessing of the Dragon: Every time you play a spell add a random Dragon to your hand.
- Blessing of the Snake: Minions that cost (3) or less gain Stealth
- Blessing of the Horse: Spells cost (1) less
- Blessing of the Sheep: At the start of your turn, restore 3 Health to a damaged friendly character
- Blessing of the Monkey: At the end of your turn transform a random friendly minion to one that costs (1) more.
- Blessing of the Rooster: Whenever you use your hero power deal 2 damage to a random enemy.
During the event, you’ll also have the opportunity to complete eight different special themed quests, each one rewarding both gold and dust! These also start January 29th, so don’t miss out!
If you are more of a solo player, you will be thrilled to know that Chapter 1 of solo adventure Galakrond’s Awakening is already out. Galakrond’s Awakening is the last solo adventure in the Year of the Dragon and the final chapter in the saga that started with The Dalaran Heist. Will E.V.I.L. prevail and prove that Rafaam is truly the evilest of all villains? Will the Explorers defeat Rafaam and save the world? In this adventure, you have the power to choose. Galakrond’s Awakening is two stories in one, giving players the ability to play through both versions of the story and experience two completely different endings. Unlike The Dalaran Heist and Tombs of Terror, Galakrond’s Awakening returns to the classic linear adventure format, allowing you to progress through the story by completing individual boss encounters in order.
The four chapters will roll out on a weekly basis. The first chapter is free for all players. All individual chapters will be available for $6.99 or 700 gold each, which includes both the Explorers and E.V.I.L. side of the story. The full adventure will be available for $19.99 and includes all chapters and all cards.