Sekai Project and Dischan Media have revealed the Early Access release date for their upcoming anime-inspired hack’n’slash Mahou Arms. You can leap into battle on April 28th. The game has been in development since 2018, and the team looks at two years in Early Access to be able to develop the game they are satisfied with.
“We are a small independent game developer and without support from those who wish to see Mahou Arms reach completion we are less likely to succeed. By launching on Early Access, we hope players will try our game and support its development by sharing it with others and providing feedback. More support means more content faster.”
The human race is on the brink of total subjugation by the alien force known as the ‘Locks. GARDA, a global paramilitary organization has finally discovered the means to fight back: magical girls.
You are a commander at GARDA and a past prisoner of war. You must lead your small, ragtag group toward victory at all costs. Get to know your newly recruited “soldiers” on the base and take direct control on the battlefield to reclaim Earth. Good luck, commander.
- Smooth Character Action Combat – Control a magical girl and fight with a variety of moves to take out your opponents!
- A Gripping Story – Follow the struggle of GARDA and get to know the magical girls you command, along with a number of other characters!
- Three Playable Magical Girls (PLANNED/COMING SOON) – Experience the unique movesets and playstyles!
- Base Building & Socialization (PLANNED/COMING SOON) – Expand your base and get to know the characters and world of Mahou Arms!
- Exciting Boss Battles (PLANNED/COMING SOON) – Fight unique bosses with interesting backstories!
You can find out more about the game by visiting its Steam page.