Nintendo World Report is thrilling fans of both Mario and Rabbids with today’s confirmation of the mash-up game. According to the site, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle will be heading to Switch later this summer.
Here’s the usual “this is a rumor until it is confirmed by Nintendo directly” caveat.
Mario + Rabbids Information
Here’s what we know so far from NWR:
- it is an RPG with exploration (35% of the game)
- turn-based combat (65% of the game)
- there are 4 game worlds that are “twisted” versions of Mario locations
- characters will use guns for the first time
- Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi and Rabbids dressed as them are the characters
- tactical combat like that found in strategy RPGs
- 2-player co-op confirmed
- 20 hours of game play
The goal of Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle was to be a surprise announcement at E3 that came out shortly after the announcement. While this leak blows the announcement at E3, the Switch release is still due out in August or September.
You can check out more images at Nintendo World Report.