Mario + Rabbids RPG? Can it be true? Several sites are reporting that one of this fall’s biggest Switch games is going to be just that. The game has been the subject of rumors for quite awhile and is named “Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle”.
Mario + Rabbids
While there is not yet any official word from Nintendo, Kotaku has confirmed art from the game. Several characters are shown in the picture including Mario and “other friends” along with at least four Rabbids.
Kotaku did not publish the images but did confirm with an unknown source that they are “legit”. Further, the source indicated that the game might be released for switch as early as August, though more likely September.
Further facts from the unnamed source include:
- Ubisoft is developing the game on the Snowdrop Engine
- it will feature turn-based combat
- there will be 2-player local co-op
- it will show off “a goofy sense of humor”
- Mario & friends are using guns with laser beams
- Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach and four Rabbids dresses as their twins are part of it too
Want to know more? Head on over to Kotaku to see what else they dug up.