Mass Effect 1 has been showing its age for some time now. In fact, if we’re honest, we’d say that the odd cinematic textures applied to much of the game seemed “old timey” even back in the day. As the years have gone by and GPUs have provided better and better graphics, ME1 has lagged behind its progeny (ME 2, ME 3 and ME: Andromeda).
However, thanks to modder CDAMJC over at NexusMods.com, the ever-popular MEUITM texture pack has been updated to coincide with the game’s 10th anniversary.
You’ll find some amazing looking upgrades to alien races including Asari, Quarian, Batarian and Turian. Armor models show their wear and tear and many locations throughout the Citadel and aboard the Normandy have been updated as well. Lastly, cinematic cutscenes retain their grainy “film noire” look, though with sharper definition.
You can head to the MEUITM mod page to check out some screens and download the pack today. It’s free!
Mass Effect 1 MEUITM Mod
Hello Mass Effect modders and mod users,
I’m trying to fix some of the “uglies” in ME1 and give it the polished look the epic story line deserves. So far I have updated/re-textured: Light and Shadow Maps on walls and floors, Kaidan, Tali, Garrus, Wrex, Liara, Saren, Benezia, Udina, Council, Anderson, Joker, Chakwas, Geth, Colonists, Scientists, Keepers, Normandy, Mako, many NPC clothings, Geth ship, volus, hanar, elcor, some armors and default character armors including N7 armor (of characters re-textured). This was Acheived by texture editing (up-scaling, re-painting, adding details, adding texture, and rebuilding normal maps). Finally, but probably my favorite, I made a new Film Grain Texture to replace the muddy Film Grain with a much less obnoxious ME2 “looking” effect. Now you can keep film grain on and still have a crisp picture.
Requests are always welcome 🙂
New in the anniversary edition:
Anderson face completely overhauled more vanilla friendly while also providing some ME3 continuity, and uniform tweaks.
- Asari completely overhauled
- Salarians redone more fine details
- Batarians added new re-texture
- Ash: new textures, seam fixes
- Ash phoenix armor: new textures/overhauled
- Kaiden completely overhauled and seamless.
- Wrex overhauled with seam fixes
- Wrex new heavy mercenary armor re-texture
- Garrus minor but solid updates more detail, fixed scales on side of neck, other minor improvements.
- Tali- optional face more visible armor set, and original face visibility both with improved fabrics and color matching to original sets.
- Joker totally redone, better beard skin and eyebrows.
- Saren seam fixes in face and armor
- Benezia minor updates and possibly missing texture (she has 2 sets so it’s possible some were not rendering in some scenes)
- Sheploo completely redone and seam fixes
- Femshep redone all new skins (hopefully more realistic and vanilla friendly) and seam fixes, some eyebrows-still working away at all 18( too many)
- Broshep eyebrows and beards so far-need more work though- seams not bad at all, but I may fix if I can squeeze it in, if not a future update
- eyes-hd eyes and reflections
- HD eyelashes toned down from last version, closer to vanilla with a little flare-I may update them but so far i am satisfied
- Nude female human and asari redone seamless with more details for romance scenes
- Dancer outfit more details, seams removed
- Reporter dress redone -I may still tweak
- “Skanky” dress seams removed and texture touched up.
Thorian completely redone much more detail, more textures covered.
- N7 armors- optional original onyx style re-texture for ME1 purists.
Also found a missing salarian NPC outfit I never included-whoops.
All normal maps without alpha channels 98% of them-improved with proper uncompressed to 3dc compression.
- Normandy lettering inside ship
- Most Normandy floor panels
- Normandy doorways
- Normandy entry platform in the docking area
- Normandy HD Galaxy map on deck
- HD galaxy map while in map.
- Citadel clouds-mior-just minimizes artifacting
- Citadel-reworked lightmaps dxt but higher res to compensate for loss (still not as nice as the original) but more memory friendly and format change is not supported with MEM currently.
- Citadel Embassy flags
- Avina citadel console-minor fixes artifacting
- Citadel transports-minor fixes/minimizes artifacting on reflection.
- Feros many concrete textures, floors walls, craters
- Feros lightmaps on main area for much smoother cast lighting.
- Virmire-retextured beaches many types
- Virmire-retextured cliffside vegetation