Beware there’s a fungus amongus because developer/producers Zillion Whales‘ Mushroom Wars 2 is now out on the Nintendo Switch! Toting itself as a real-time strategy experience, Mushroom Wars 2 offers over 90 multiplayer maps, cross-platform capability, a player-base of 1.8 million players worldwide who are there for you to challenge in fierce combat, and a spectator mode to allow players to pick-up tips from the pros.
Andrey Korotkov, CEO of Zillion Whales had this to say about the release announcement:
When the Nintendo Switch launched, we knew it was the perfect platform for the Mushroom Wars universe. The fact that battles in Mushroom Wars 2 are fast-paced means you can hop in and out of combat while waiting for a bus, a meeting, or even for the pizza delivery person (though, maybe skip the extra mushrooms this time) with the Switch’s portability!
Zillion Whales also released a Switch Announcement Trailer:
About Mushroom Wars 2
Sequel to one of the hit RTS games of the last generation, Mushroom Wars 2 builds upon its predecessor by introducing hero characters, reimagined single-player campaigns, even wilder co-op and competitive multiplayer, as well as a visual overhaul―all while preserving the core gameplay mechanics that made the original Mushroom Wars so enjoyable.
- Short-session RTS battles with up to thousands of Mushroom troops
- Wild cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes for up to 4 players, including 2v2
- Story-driven single-player campaign complete with boss battles
- Fierce hero characters who can turn the tide of battle with unique skills
- A large variety of map configurations and modifiers to keep aspiring Commanders on their toes
- Built-in leagues, ranked matches, replay feature, and spectator mode make it easy to enter the competitive scene
Be a “fun-guy” and purchase a copy today from the Nintendo Switch eShop website or purchased directly from the eShop on the Nintendo console for USD $19.99.