Sumire, an indie narrative adventure game set in a picturesque Japanese village, is now available for PC and Nintendo Switch players. The protagonist of the game, a disenchanted girl named Sumire, meets a mischievous spirit who makes her a deal to fulfill her most desired wish. But in order to see this wish come true, she must complete a series of tasks in return, before night falls and this special day reaches its end.
Sumire will be able to accept or refuse requests from a variety of characters along her trip. The words spoken or actions taken during these meetings will grant players positive or negative karma, which in turn determine how the day ends. Fans should mull over their choices wisely, as Sumire may not come across the same opportunity twice.
“Sumire is a game about choice and regret. As the morning gradually unfurls into afternoon and night, our protagonist will come to terms with decisions she’s made that have affected her life and the lives of those around her,” says Michael Ely, Director at GameTomo. “We’re excited to witness players interpret Sumire’s journey in their own way, transforming a life unlived into a dream come true.”
Sumire Key Features:
- Make a wish come true by completing a series of quests before night falls
- Experience a world where magic replaces the mundane
- Sumire’s adventure takes place over the course of a single day
- Unlock multiple endings determined by words, actions, and karma
- Explore a small town, forest shrines, and more, all rendered in an artistic watercolor style
- A relaxing original soundtrack, created by Japanese duo TOW, changes with the day’s events
- Discover collectibles, bonus items, tests of skill, and hidden challenges