The developers of MMORPG Neverwinter have revealed a new class coming to the game for the first time since 2016’s Oathbound Paladin. Initially revealed at IGN, the new Bard class will be coming later this year.
Cryptic describes the class as follows: “For players that choose the Bard class, they will become a stylish fighter who uses the power of song to enhance their allies and defeat their enemies. Weaving their way through their enemies with a variety of flashy attacks, Bards can seamlessly burst into songs burning their enemies with a blazing performance. Also, when in a more supportive role, Bards can dance around the battlefield filling the ears of their allies with rejuvenating carols and defensive minuets while preparing for the final curtain call.”
Neverwinter players who choose the Bard class can become daring heroes who possess the ability to weave magic into their swords and use music to inspire allies, manipulate minds and even heal wounds. Bards dress to impress, carry an instrument – like a trusty lute – for performances and never leave the tavern without a rapier or cutlass at their hip.
With the ability to be Songblades and Minstrels (the two Paragon Paths for the class) no two Bards will be exactly alike, as the class will offer one of the largest selection of spells and playstyles Neverwinter has to offer.
- Songblades: Stylish swashbucklers who are as charming as they are deadly, that can dispatch their foes in style with swordplay, magic and music. This path is for those who want to be damage dealers who are comfortable close and mid range, and who want to make use of dramatic spells and supporting songs to enhance their natural combat ability.
- Minstrels: Master musicians who prefer to use the power of their instrument to support their allies from afar with songs of bardic inspiration. These healers can also use music to unleash psychic attack spells and illusions.
Regardless of the Paragon Path adventurers choose, every Bard has an arsenal of unique abilities that will make them a versatile and powerful party member.
Neverwinter is a free, action MMORPG based on the acclaimed Dungeons & Dragons fantasy roleplaying game. Epic stories, action combat and classic roleplaying await those heroes courageous enough to enter the fantastic world of Neverwinter!
- Free-to-Play – You don’t have to pay to adventure in Faerûn. All playable content from level 1 to the level cap is completely free!
- D&D Experience – Experience iconic locations, classes, and encounters from the D&D universe – with both heroes and villians – on your journey through the Forgotten Realms.
- Engaging Action Combat – Move swiftly and boldly through your encounters to maximize your effectiveness. Every attack, ability, and dodge will require planning, reflexes, and precision.
- True Customization – Everything from your character to your equipment, to your companion and mounts is customizable. This includes cosmetics, stats and even new abilities!