If you have fond memories of Neverwinter Nights, then surely Beamdog’s news about an Enhanced Edition made your day a few months ago. Beamdog participated in a recent live stream event to talk about NWN: EE and what the plans are for beta testing.
According to the stream, beta is expected to start up again on Steam and that it will run concurrent with the “Head Start” edition already being enjoyed by preorder customers.
Throughout this week, you will want to check your email inbox as the first round of “early invitations” to the Steam beta will be sent out. Anyone hanging out in the NWN:EE Discord channel will be able to score a key just for asking. There are, however, a limited number of keys available in the channel, so get there early. By February 16th, all NWN:EE Head Start owners will also receive beta keys.
For those who have been playing the Head Start via the Beamdog launcher, do not worry. Activating a Steam beta key will not disable your Beamdog edition either. Once the Steam beta is complete, those keys will be disabled, though you’ll be sent fresh Steam keys for the release version when it’s ready.
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
The NWN: Enhanced Edition adds all-new enhanced features to the content of Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition.
Slink through the shadows as a deadly half-elven rogue, wield fearsome magics as a powerful gnomish sorcerer, vanquish your foes as an armor-clad dwarven paladin… whatever hero you create, incredible adventures await.
Discover magic, wonder, and danger at every turn on your own or with friends in these classic Dungeons & Dragons adventures.
- Improved Display: Your portrait, combat bar, inventory, and other UI elements adjust in size based on your chosen resolution including 1080p and 4k.
- Advanced Graphics Options: Pixel shaders and post-processing effects make for crisper, cleaner visuals. Enable contrast, vibrance, and depth of field options as preferred.
- Community Endorsed: Original developers have teamed with key members of the Neverwinter Nights community to curate important fan-requested improvements to support players, storytellers, and modders.
- Backwards Compatibility: Works with save games, modules, and mods from the original NWN. A galaxy of community created content awaits.
The original Neverwinter Nights campaign: Find yourself at the center of intrigue, betrayal, and dark magic in NWN. Journey through dangerous cities, monster filled dungeons and deep into uncharted wilderness in search of the cure for a cursed plague ravaging the city of Neverwinter.
Two expansion packs:
- Shadows of Undrentide: Another adventure begins in Shadows of Undrentide! Charged by your master to recover four ancient artifacts, travel from the Silver Marches to unravel mysteries of a long-dead magical civilization.
- Hordes of the Underdark: Continue the adventure started in Shadows of Undrentide and journey into the ever-more bizarre and hostile depths of Undermountain to challenge a gathering evil.
Three premium modules:
Discover over 40 hours of new stories, then go on to sample the hundreds of modules created by community members just like you.
- Witch’s Wake
The Aurora Toolset: Build your own world full of unique monsters, items, traps, encounters, and settings, then share your creation with the rest of the NWN community. (Windows only)
Dungeon Master Client: Become the storyteller! Control monsters, creatures, and characters your players will meet over the course of an adventure.