Grab your morphers and get ready to jump back into Power Rangers: Battle For The Grid. Developer nWay has unveiled a new update for the beat em up and it features a comic book favorite. It looks like Lord Drakkon is about to make a major impact on the grid.
Released earlier this year, Power Rangers Battle for the Grid is a beat em up brawler that makes more than a few nods to games like Injustice, swapping the leather and chrome for the bright spandex of the Power Rangers. Featuring 25 years worth of morphers, Poer Rangers: Battle for the Grid lets players choose their favorite characters, from the original five, samurai, and more. An easy to learn combat techniques, massive Zord incursions, team play, and a flexible cross-play system meant that Battle for the Grid received some unexpectedly positive responses when it landed on PC and console.
Now, the latest update introduces a brand new story mode, detailed in the trailer below and the work of writer/director Kyle Higgins. If finds the Rangers up against a popular comic book villain, in a reimagining of the Shattered Grid run of comics. Tommy Oliver doppelganger Lord Drakkon is set to return as he sets his sights on something that can’t be good.
This is something of a treat for fans of the franchise with new story and combat voiceovers performed by original Power Rangers cast members, including Jason David Frank (Tommy Oliver), Austin St. John (Jason Lee Scott), David J. Fielding (Zordon), Kerrigan Mahan (Goldar) and Meghan “Strawburry17” Camarena (Kimberly).
In addition to the story mode, this update brings new arenas and characters to the fight. You can find the details on these below:
- Dragon Armor Trini: When the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers were viciously attacked by the Black Dragon, a powerful Zord from another dimension with the capability to warp Ranger powers, they were in for the fight of their lives. After he was defeated, Trini was able to refashion the Zord into a powerful suit of enhanced armor.
- Udonna: Udonna is a powerful sorceress who trains the Mystic Force Power Rangers in the art of magic. As the Mystic Force White Ranger, this accomplished sorceress uses the power of snow to freeze evil.
- Cenozoic Blue Ranger: The Cenozoic Blue Ranger was a loyal and powerful soldier who served with Zordon, the original Red Ranger. Eons after his tragic demise at the hands of the traitorous Green Ranger Rita Repulsa, his Power Coin was found by a teenager named Billy Cranston, who then took on the Blue Ranger mantle.
- Selectable Arenas: Corinth and Planet Earth: Cenozoic Era
- Non-Selectable Arenas (Story Mode only): Command Center (Malfunctioning) and Lord Drakkon’s Throne Room (Flashback)
If you are ready to “Go Go!” then this update is now available for PC, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One. You can find out more on the Official Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid website.