In a brief Twitter post, Watch Dogs: Legion developers informed users that the 4.0 update to the game will be delayed. Citing some issues encountered while creating the update, devs indicated they need slightly more time. As a result, the patch is now targeting a May 4th release date.
An update regarding TU 4.0 from the Watch Dogs: Legion team: pic.twitter.com/1eBhDZORFn
— Watch Dogs: Legion (@watchdogsgame) April 26, 2021
The 4.0 update is a big one with new content galore. Some of the major components detailed by Ubi devs include:
- Season Pass content: Mina Sidhu, a new playable hero with mind control abilities
- Season Pass content: New DedSec – Swipe Right
- Free content –
- three co-op missions
- Guardian Drone and Point Defense Drone gadgets
- five assignments
- operative customization options
- five new character abilities
- DJ and First Responder characters
Later in May, players can expect to see even more content added including Tactical Op 2, a PvP Invasion, and a PvP Extraction.
While waiting for next week’s update, head over to the Watch Dogs: Legion official site to learn more.
WATCH DOGS: LEGION KEY FEATURES
- Build a team with a huge range of characters to choose from, all bringing their own unique abilities. From a brilliant hacker to a getaway driver, from a football hooligan to an inconspicuous old lady, everyone has a unique backstory, personality, and skill set that should be used in unique situations. Customize your Legion with enhanced gadgets, unique outfits, and iconic masks.
- After a mysterious assailant initiates devastating terror attacks on London, DedSec, a secret underground resistance who is being blamed for the attacks and is on the brink of annihilation, needs your help. Your mission is to rebuild DedSec to fight back against those who wish to keep London oppressed. You will continue to meet colorful characters along the way – both villains and allies – in your fight for London.
- Weaponize London’s tech infrastructure, and unleash DedSec’s mastery of technology: hijack armed combat drones, reconstruct past events using augmented reality to discover who is behind the terror attacks, and hack your way through the most advanced security systems. Upgrade and deploy tech gadgets such as the Stealth Cloak, the Spiderbot, a Micro-Missile Launcher, and the powerful Electro Fist in a brand new melee system.
- Explore a massive urban open world and fight to liberate London’s many famous landmarks—including Trafalgar Square, Big Ben, Tower Bridge, Camden, Piccadilly Circus, or the London Eye—and engage in side activities like bare-knuckle boxing, darts, freestyle football, illegal courier contracts or street art.
- Join forces with up to three friends in online multiplayer as you freely explore London together or take on special co-op missions, and unique game modes. Enjoy free regular updates adding new online content, rewards, and themed events.