Niantic developers have updated the Pokemon Go blog with a post to introduce players around the world to the first-ever Friendship Day event. Friendship Day will be a great way for trainers to get out and about to collect Grass-type critters that will be appearing more often in the wild. In addition, players will be able to complete a Collection Challenge to score some big XP. Lastly, those who trade with friends will have an increased opportunity to receive a Lucky Pokemon for the effort. All of this goodness begins on Saturday, April 24th.
- Various Grass-type creatures will be appearing more often in the wild.
- Complete the Friendship Day Collection Challenge before the event concludes to earn 100,000 XP!
- Take part in the Friendship Day Global Challenge! For each hourly challenge you complete, you’ll earn 20,000 XP!
- Green confetti will be appearing on the map in celebration of Grass-type creatures!
- You’ll have an increased chance of receiving a Lucky Pokémon when you complete a trade with a friend. Please note that this bonus will be active until 5:00 p.m. local time on the day of the event.
- Trade distance will be increased to 40 km.
- A 3× Catch XP bonus will be active.
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Lures activated during the event will last for three hours.
Check out further details by visiting the Pokemon Go official site.