During yesterday’s Nintendo Direct presentation, the company showcased a boatload of games coming to Switch. Everything from new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate characters to a new remaster of Zelda: Skyward Sword to a brand spanking new Star Wars game will be headed out over the course of the next year.
Check out some of what’s coming to players in 2021-2022 by watching the full Nintendo Direct presentation and check out a few of the great games you’ll be able to take on the road with you soon.
Here are a few of the games players can expect to see for Switch:
- Splatoon 3: In this new game in the Splatoon series, you’ll leave Inkopolis behind and head to a new region: the Splatlands. Its heart is a new city where battle-savvy Inklings and Octolings gather: Splatsville, also known as the “City of Chaos.” Splatoon 3 introduces various features to the action-shooter series, including weapons such as the bow-weapon, customization options, and movement abilities to bring to the returning 4v4 Turf Wars matches. More information about the full-fledged sequel coming to Nintendo Switch in 2022 will be revealed in the future.
- Mario Golf: Super Rush: Tee off in the latest installment of the Mario Golf series, coming to Nintendo Switch this year. In the Mario Golf: Super Rush game, enjoy golfing with familiar Mushroom Kingdom characters through a variety of lush, scenic courses. Mario Golf: Super Rush features several local* and online** multiplayer modes, including Speed Golf, which finds players teeing off at the same time and racing to the green. The game also features a Story Mode, starring your Mii character as they interact with Mushroom Kingdom characters, compete in golf challenges and earn experience points to power-up stats. You can even use motion controls by holding the Joy-Con controller like a golf club! The fairway opens for players on June 25. Pre-order today!
- Star Wars: Hunters: Star Wars: Hunters™ offers a thrilling take on the galaxy in this squad-based, online multiplayer game. Build a team from a cast of unique and all-new Star Wars™ characters – from daring bounty hunters to heroes of the Rebellion and Imperial stormtroopers. Face off against other squads in arenas based on iconic Star Wars settings. Set between Star Wars™: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars™: The Force Awakens, the free-to-play Star Wars: Hunters launches in 2021.
- Miitopia: Embark on a hilarious adventure with friends, family, or anyone you choose, to bring down the face-stealing Dark Lord. In Miitopia, a customizable adventure for Nintendo Switch, create and customize Mii characters of anyone you’d like, and cast them in the fantasy adventure of a lifetime. With expanded customization in Miitopia, including Wigs and Makeup, you can make your Mii characters look more fabulous than ever in this game! Also, you can have a horse as an ally. When you become closer, it’ll lend a hand – er, hoof – in battle. Which Mii characters will you assign as allies … and who will become the evil Dark Lord? The lighthearted romp Miitopia launches for Nintendo Switch on May 21.
- Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout: Be the last Fall Guy standing! The hit party game finds up to 60 players** running, jumping, and shoving their way to victory. Dive into a series of ridiculous challenges and wild obstacle courses with masses of other competitors online, all with the hopes of making the cut and advancing to the next round of mayhem. Shift between competitive free-for-alls and cooperative challenges where everyone on the losing team gets eliminated! Do you have what it takes to claim the crown? Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout launches for Nintendo Switch this summer.
- DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power: Based on the hit Cartoon Network show, play as one of many classic DC superheroines like Batgirl, Supergirl, and Wonder Woman as teenagers who must overcome high school all while saving the city. Each of these superheroes has her own set of special abilities, like flight or gadgets, that can be used in battle. As your teenaged alter ego, explore Metropolis, show off your selfies from around the city on your in-game Superstapost account, or rebuild a run-down part of the city.DC Super Hero Girls: Teen Power soars onto Nintendo Switch on June 4.
- Apex Legends: This free-to-play battle royale features a growing roster of powerful contenders named Legends, strategic combat, cross-platform play, and more. To celebrate the game’s legendary launch, all players on Nintendo Switch will receive a new Legendary Pathfinder skin and 30 free levels for the Season 8: Mayhem Battle Pass. Plus, until for the first two weeks after launch, earn Double XP when you play on Nintendo Switch. Fight for fortune, fame, and glory when Apex Legends launches for Nintendo Switch on March 9.
- Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville Complete Edition: Ready the Juice Cannons and prepare for battle in Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville Complete Edition – the wackiest shooter yet! Party with up to three friends and goof around in Giddy Park, or dive into some 8v8 multiplayer in Turf Takeover, vanquishing opponents, blasting gnome bombs, bouncing on pink ooze – it’s the most fun you’ll have since sliced bread. Prepare to battle solo or in online** multiplayer in a plant-on-zombie conflict that will take you to the outer edges of Neighborville and back again. Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville Complete Edition launches for Nintendo Switch on March 19.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons + Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary: Items inspired by the 35th anniversary of the Super Mario Bros. game are coming to Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Familiar items like the Super Mushroom and the “?” Block can be ordered in the game as furniture items, so you can place them wherever you want. You can even place multiple Warp Pipes on your island and easily travel between them. The new Super Mario Bros.-themed items will be available starting on March 1 following the free update to the Animal Crossing: New Horizons game on Feb. 25.
- Tales from the Borderlands: Return to the unforgiving world of Pandora in Tales from the Borderlands. The Nintendo Switch version of the game includes all five episodes, filled with classic Borderlands characters and humor. Gangsters, bandit lords, and Vault Hunters are just a handful of the obstacles you’ll encounter in this choice-driven, narrative adventure. Embark on a wild ride when Tales from the Borderlands launches on Nintendo Switch on March 24.
- Hades: The winner of numerous Game of the Year awards, Hades is getting a physical release on Nintendo Switch! This physical version comes with some fun extras, including a PC download code for the Hades Original Soundtrack and a 32-page, full-color character compendium, featuring portraits of the game’s vibrant cast of gods, ghosts, and monsters. And let’s not forget the game itself, offering dozens of hours of exhilarating action paired with a compelling story. The physical version of Hades launches on March 19.
- SaGa Frontier Remastered: Eight protagonists, eight captivating journeys. In this remastered version of the classic RPG SaGa Frontier, travel through a stunning sci-fi world with any of the protagonists, each with their own goals and stories. With a new playable character, scintillating battles, and new events, SaGa Frontier Remastered is an adventure not to be missed. The game launches for Nintendo Switch on April 15.