Back in April Square Enix announced the PC version of Octopath Traveler. Now, a month later, players can pre-order the game in Steam before it’s launch on June 7th. Not only that, but anybody who gets the game now will also get a set of 11 exclusive wallpapers, featuring beautiful character art for the eight main heroes, and some of the stunning locations from the game.
The game also features eight characters, each with their own skills and storylines. From haunted thieves and enthusiastic apothecaries, to naïve scholars and noble warriors, there’s someone for everyone in this motley crew and, rather brilliantly, you can play through their tales in any order you like.
- Play as eight different characters, each with their own stories to uncover and side quests to complete
- Explore the enchanting yet perilous world of Orsterra, spanning 8 vast regions and discover each character’s full story as their journey unfolds
- Use each character’s distinctive abilities (Path Actions), skills and talents in frenetic battles
- Enjoy the accessible yet deep turn-based combat battle system and break through enemy lines by identifying and targeting their weaknesses
- Solve side quests and story scenarios in a few different ways and take decisions that shape your path.
- Experience visuals inspired by retro 2D RPGs with beautiful realistic elements set in a 3D world