At the Game Developers Conference this week the Sobaka Studio team members are ready to welcome everyone to join them for an intense top-down, close-quarters action game where you will punch and hack your way through enemies using ancient martial arts only mastered by legendary Shaolin monks!
Teaming up with publisher Buka Entertainment, 9 Monkeys of Shaolin is a new multi-platform old-school beat ‘em up powered by Unreal Engine 4.
About 9 monkeys of Shaolin:
A definite tribute to classic brawler old-school video games you play as a Chinese fisherman named Wei Cheng avenging the death of your friends and family slaughtered in a pirate raid at your peaceful village in Medieval China. Action-packed battles, user friendly controls and incredible atmosphere of great kung-fu movies of 70s – all this makes 9 Monkeys of Shaolin a perfect choice for every true fan of really hardcore brawlers.
- 3 unique fighting styles: on earth, in the air or use mysterious magic seals. Combine these elements to defeat every enemy on your way.
- Captivating narrative: discover the fascinating story of Wei Cheng and follow him as he rises from a simple fisherman to the master of Shaolin martial arts.
- Stunning visual style: unlikely combination of historical and mystical elements gives you an exciting experience from every scene appears on screen.
- Extensive character development system: you learn a great deal of ways to victory as you discover various unlockable perks, items and fighting styles.
- More than 25 different levels: Chinese villages, pirate ship, Buddhist monasteries, Japanese mansions, ancient ruins and much more.
- 10 types of Chinese and Japanese polearms, each with its unique traits. Discover the landscapes to find new items!
- Co-op play: invite your friend to help you fight through growing waves of enemies and complete the game together.
9 Monkeys of Shaolin is aimed to release in the Fall of 2018 for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, PC, macOS and Linux.