Square Enix and People Can Fly are getting ready to unleash the Outriders demo and we’ve got all the details you need to know in order to play. First off the bat, however, we want to clarify (as have the devs several times) that this is a demo version of the game, not a beta experience. It is a free-to-play demo that will be available for PC via Steam and Nvidia GeForce NOW.
Here are the facts:
The demo launches on Thursday, February 25th. You can check your particular time zone below:
- The demo is 24GB but there is no pre-load available.
- Crossplay between the two available platforms will be available but will need to be manually toggled in settings.
- The demo will be available through the game’s launch in early May.
- There is no limit to how long players can experience the demo.
- The demo includes the prologue and opening chapter.
- The demo includes all 4 classes and provides 6 character slots.
- Characters can level to 7 and World Tier 5.
- Players can try out crafting, though resources will be capped.
- Progress attained will be transferable to the main game on the same platform.
- There will be no achievements but accolades will transfer.
- Unrestricted streaming is allowed.
When the game launches on May 1, 2021, it will be available on PC via Steam and the Epic Games Store. It will also be released for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S.
Check out the Outriders Steam page for more information.