The Padre Game dropped on Steam early access late last week. It’s selling for 33% off the regular price too.
For those not in the know, the Padre Game is a 3D Horror Adventure with a unique isometric voxel art style. The game promises an interesting mix of humor, horror and pop culture reference. Gameplay throws together a variety of puzzles and combat that fits the voxel art style.
The story follows the life of Alexander Padre, a priest turned demon hunter on a search for solutions to supernatural problems. Described as a “Lovecraftian puzzle driven horror experience”, The Padre Game looks to be a cocktail of Diablo, Minecraft and Devil May Cry which from this writer’s perspective, would be a drink worth trying. Check out the trailer below or head over to Steam to check it out.
The Padre Key Features
Straight from the Steam page:
- Polished voxelized graphics for cartoon realistic gloominess
- Tons of funny and bizarre references to legendary games and pop culture gems
- Inspired by classic Point and Click games re-dreamed in a 3D environment
- Melee and Shooting combat based purely on skill and timing
- No health regeneration – Pure “Fight or Flight” gameplay, spiced up with mind-twisting puzzles
- Unique Save System that reflects your gaming behavior
- Never-before-seen voxel horrors hunting you
- Inspired by the works of H.P. Lovecraft and Edgar Allan Poe