Arbitrary Metric has announced that its first-person horror title, Paratopic, is coming to Nintendo Switch on Friday, August 21st. Players will be able to purchase a copy from the Nintendo eShop for a bargain-basement price of $5.49.
The game is said to feature “Playstation-style graphics and experimental cinema” where ideas from Thirty Flights of Loving are taken to new and terrible places. The game comes in at only 45 minutes but players will find a lot to explore including “smugglers, lost highways, assassination, and long-forgotten forests”.
- A narrative, horror-tinged adventure game that takes you on a journey through a cruel fever dream world.
- Cutting between numerous detailed and varied vignettes, unravel how the stories of three separate characters intersect.
- Explore the detritus of forbidden industry, kill, drive through the night, find yourself in conversation with some very off-kilter individuals.
- A leisurely playthrough should take forty-five minutes give or take, with plenty more to discover in the detailed, grimy low polygon environments. Or speedrun it, if you’d prefer.
- Over an hour of gorgeous dark ambient music is used to create our subtly dynamic soundscape. An anachronistic blend of modern and outdated production as glitches and textural pads meet synthesis & sampling akin to a haunted recollection of 90s Unreal Engine soundtracks.
Check out the Paratopic official site to learn more about the game.